Fighting Childhood Hunger In Our Own Backyard!Did you know that right now there are over 26,000 children attending San Diego County schools who have been identified as homeless and food insecure? Food insecure means living without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food.
WHAT IS GOT YOUR BACK SAN DIEGO AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Got Your Back San Diego is a weekend food assistance program developed specifically for children who do not have reliable access to a sufficient amount of affordable, nutritious food. Currently they serve a small portion of children in the tri-city area of Northwest County where alone there are over 7,000 elementary grade students who have little to no food of any nutritional value after they leave school on Friday, until they return on Monday.
Over the next 4 weeks please consider bringing in any of the following items listed below to any of our Sunday worship services or our Monthly Brother Benno's and Communion on April 22nd.
Please only bring the food items listed below as the items are "stuffed" into backpacks for the children to take home each Friday. Please no glass jars.
- Cereal: 8 ounce single servings or 11 ounce box
- Instant Oatmeal: 3 ounce single servings, cup or packets
- Shelf-stable Milk: powder or liquid
- Canned Soup or Chili: 15 to 20 ounce size
- Canned Spaghetti-O's: 15 to 20 ounce size
- Canned Tuna or Chicken: 5 to 10 ounce size
- Macaroni & Cheese: single servings or 6 ounce box
- Peanut Butter & Jelly: 12 to 18 ounce size
- Canned Meats: franks, Vienna sausage, chicken, tuna, spam, et., 5 to 20 ounce size
- Rice-A-Roni: 6 to 12 ounce size
- Canned Beans of all kinds 14 to 15 ounce size
- Macaroni and Cheese boxes 7 to 8 ounce size
- Pasta with Sauce: 16 to 20 ounce size
- Canned Vegetables: 15 to 20 ounce size
- Healthy choice snack bars, Fruit cups, Pretzels, raisins, fruit roll-ups, etc.
Thank you for blessing our community. If you would like to learn more about Got Your Back San Diego please click the link below.
Pastor Drew Davis